Areas of Focus
Public performances – arts engagement to expand the reach of the arts and contribute to community social wealth.
- provide preparation for students who wish to pursue the craft of Black theatre in Central Indiana;
- address the gap in arts learning and access; provide supports for learning and teaching about Black art & literature;
- connect new audiences by reducing the cost of access and utilizing new spaces.
Outreach and marketing – connecting campus and community.
- create pathways for engaging people, communities, and organizations and other arts stakeholders;
- address the void in the study of Black theatre and its impact on community well-being.
Talent, Career Exploration; and Postsecondary Engagement – apprenticeship programs and partnerships with K-12 schools.
- bring arts education to underserved schools and communities;
- explore career tracks and future workforce development;
- support local talent and collaboration with the theatre practitioners and professionals locally, statewide and nationally.
Research – social, cultural, economic, and academic impact of a more representative arts sector.
- offer culturally-specific arts-based/arts-learning research;
- conduct arts impact and social climate surveys;
- exploring the therapeutic aspects of the arts; interrogating arts and arts learning as healing modalities;
- promote community-engaged research/praxis.